is a Mexican-German dancer, choreographer, improviser and teacher. She received a Master´s degree in Choreography at the Hochschulübergreifendes Zentrum Tanz Berlin (2012-2014) where she lives since 2012. As a contemporary dancer she completed her training at the University of Michoacan, Mexico (2002-2006), as well as the certified in Contemporary Social Movement at the same university (2007-2008). She is interested in art as a living and sensitising human process. This means more precisely for her, that in order to create, a consciousness of social-political reality is needed to generate work that can expand awareness into society. Dance for her is a physical and emotional bodymind presence that has the power to connect with the world in various dimensions. In her performative work, she is concerned in providing the audience more challenges to appreciate her work, proposing several times new configurations of the public. In 2015 together with Andrea Krohn (choreography) and Cheng-Ting Chen (scenographer) she founded their own company P_A_R_A_R/Immersive Performance Art. She has earned recognition as a choreographer and as a dancer, receiving awards, including: “best duo” for her interpretation in the piece “duet for two tongues” from the choreographer Anna Aristarkhova in the solo/duo Festival in Köln, Germany in 2014 and in Budapest, Hungary in 2015; the 1st place during the 2nd and 4th Contest of Contemporary Dance Choreography in Morelia, Mexico in 2005 and 2007 as well as best dancer in the later. Her solo work “desierto de sillas” (2010) funded by the Fondo Nacional para la Cultura y las Artes (National Culture and Arts Foundation) has touring internationally in countries like Norway, China, Taiwan, Mexico and Germany.
She teaches internationally Improvisation, presence through movement with principles of somatic practices, Contact Improvisation and Yoga. In the last two years she travels regularly to Mexico in order to present her work and offer workshops.
Some recently choreographic works included:
- Territorios, 2018, choreography made for the students dissertation for their bachelor´s dance degree at the Universidad Michoacana, Mexico.
- Unkn_own Body (solo in progress), Lake Studios & Urbanraum Berlin.
- (AUSENCIA) die Abwesenden, 2017, in collaboration with Andrea Krohn, K3/Center for Choreography, Tanzplan Hamburg; funded by the Hamburgische Kulturstiftung & Behörde für Kultur und Medien der Freien und Hansestadt Hamburg
- GRAU, 2014, Uferstudios, Berlin; graduation piece for the master in Choreography at HZT, Uferstudios, Berlin.
- in / the / back / no / words / hearing, 2013, Uferstudios Berlin (Premier), 100 Grad Festival in Sophiensaele, Berlin; Tour of Mexico, Sånafest site specific Art and Performance, Hølen, Norway. With support from the Goethe-Institut in July 2018 participates in the 100th anniversary of the Teatro de la Ciudad Esperanza Iris, Mexico City.
- bis man den Mensch trifft, a Tanzfonds Erbe Berlin (Foundation), Stiftung Bauhaus Dessau and HZT Co-production Project, Bauhaus Dessau, Uferstudios Berlin, Tanzwoche Dresden.
- desierto de sillas (solo), 2010, Laboratorio de Arte Variedades Guadalajara, Mexico; Plataforma Festival, Dock 11 Berlin; Shanghai International Contemporary Theater Festival; Yard Theater Kaohsiung, Taiwan; Sånafest site specific Art and Performance, Hølen, Norway; Tour in Mexico.